Friday, October 20, 2017

What in the world am I doing this for?

Most of the time, I'm very determined and confident about the next year of eating only what I've grown in my garden.  I may be in complete denial or I have over estimated my will power or something.  I'll be healthier, thinner, I'll be helping the environment, I'll be proving that this can be done.  But then, there are moments, when I feel completely insane and I wonder where my head is.  This always passes, but I just wonder..   There may be days when I only eat squash 3 times a day.  Am I prepared for that?

I have gone weeks where I have eaten an all raw, vegan diet.  I have experimented with fasting, detoxing, high fiber, high protein, and juice fasts.  I was a vegetarian for 3 years when I was in my 30's.  I have successfully weened myself off sugar for long periods of time.  The thing that always kills me in the end is my hormones.  (Sorry to the men reading!!!)  It's my time of weakness that I feel my worst and therefore food fixes everything!  So, I'm a little worried about that.

One unique factor with this project though, is that I have you.  I have a lot of encouragement out there with all of you reading and I am not about to disappoint you with a little chocolate craving!  I am really grateful for everyone that is following me and I hope you continue.  I'll try to make it entertaining enough to follow.  

So, off I go, 11 days until it starts.  Thanks for being here with me!



3 comments:

  1. We were just talking about your adventure this morning...we're concerned about where you'll get salt in your diet...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, I'm going to mine salt from lake ontario. just kidding. actually, salt is one of the two things I'm allowing myself to buy. Water is the other. Thank you for your concern. lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete