Sunday, October 29, 2017

3 days to go...

Well... 3 days to go now.  I drank no coffee yesterday and had a wicked headache all day.  I woke up again today with one and so I drank one cup of coffee and surprise!  Headache gone.  I'll just have to have a little less every day so I don't get that retched headache.  That is going to be the hard part of this whole thing.  I think once I'm into it, things should be easier.

So, I really thought I was being sort of bitchy on my last post.  I had no intention of sounding like I was standing on my high horse telling people what to do.  It was not my intention and I hope it didn't sound that way.  Sometimes I see things on the stupid news or on the tv and I get enraged.  I know you guys are all with me on this, or you would not be reading a blog like this in the first place.  So if you felt offended I am sorry.  I am definitely not the perfect environmentalist or any such thing. I am not perfect at all.  I am not sorry about the way I feel however.  I can't help it.

Well, I'm sitting in front of our first fire.  It is a cold and damp morning and it felt like a good morning for a fire.  So I had to clean off all the surfaces in the living room to make room for all the cats that are going to want to take naps in this room all day.  I have been pricing Christmas stuff to take to Filomena's in November and it was all over the place!  Zuzu is on my knees laying her head on the keyboard right now and Cali is right behind her.  So my lap is full.  Little is on the back of the couch behind me and Charlotte has planted herself on Ruby's blanket on the floor directly in front of the wood stove.  This is what I love about cold weather.

If anyone has any ideas for different edible uses for squash, I'd love to hear them.  Remember I can't use sugar of any kind or butter.  I have very limited ingredients but I have tons of winter squash.  I can eat it plain just fine.  I really enjoy the flavor but I have so much of it, it may be something I eat almost every day and it may get boring...  So, I would love to hear some of your ideas.  You can leave them in the comments on facebook for me if you think of anything.

Well, it has been sort of a couple of uneventful days because of the headaches.  I watched several horror movies because Halloween is coming.  When I say several, I mean like 10.  I even like the bad horror movies made in the 60's and 70's with the bad acting and the even worse music.  Very entertaining.

So I will leave you with this short post.  I've got some great ideas for posts and some other interactive things I'm thinking about so some of you can experiment with me on my journey.  More about that later.  Until tomorrow then.  Everyone have an enchanted day.
Isn't this a pretty picture.  This is my hops growing up the side of the workshop.  I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment