Thursday, November 2, 2017

Day Two of Eating What I Grow. Caffeine Withdrawal.

I made it to day two.  I can't believe it.  Yesterday was hard.  But not in the ways I thought it would be.  I thought I'd have sugar cravings, or carb cravings.  Something.  No, I was too busy with my caffeine withdrawal headache to think about anything else.  

I really could only imagine what it was going to be like.  I didn't realize how much my life revolved around food.  Not just food.  Food from stores, restaurants, gas stations.  I had about a million choices yesterday just leaving my house and going to Medina to take down fall stuff at Filomena's.  I drove by my favorite Amish store on the way there.  All food.  I had to put gas in the van.  The gas station is full of food.  And coffee.  I went to Filomena's.  Danette had food out for all the vendors working on their space.  Plus, she always has cookies and coffee for the customers.  I had to get cat food at Tractor Supply.  Food all over the check out.  Then I had to go by every fast food and food place on earth on my way home.  I'm going to buy myself some of those blinders the Amish put on horses so cars don't freak them out and I'm going to wear them myself.  

I never thought of myself being a food dependent.  I mean in the way that I reward myself with food.  Don't want to get out of bed?  Well, coffee is waiting.  Had a rough day?  Well, maybe I'll just eat cheese cake for dinner.  I know I was doing that with wine.  Especially with the stress from when I had the store.  I quit drinking 2 months ago, and it was the best thing, because I was definitely rewarding myself with wine on my bad days.  And I had a lot of stressful days.

So, I got through my first day and I'm about an hour into the second.  Yesterday was not what I expected.  I woke up tired, and then I drank no coffee so I was really sleepy all day.  But the time I got to Filomena's in the afternoon, I had a headache.  By the time I got home, my brain exploded.  I couldn't function.  I knew it would go away eventually.  I just had to wait it out.  So I slept most of the night.

My breakfast was completely fresh stuff out of the garden.  Broccoli, mustard greens, zucchini, and a few cherry tomatoes.  I cooked it slightly with a little salt.  Surprisingly, I wasn't starving all day or anything.  When I got home, I thought carbs might help my headache so I ate a baked potato with salt.  It was really good.  I drank some of my grape juice I made and that sort of lifted my spirits because I was actually feeling a little sadness.  Weird.  Another thing that was weird is that I wasn't really hungry during the day.  Actually the thought of eating made me a little nauseous, but I ate what I could and made sure I drank lots and lots of herbal tea to get my vitamins.

So, that was my first day.  The headache seems to be pretty much gone, but I can almost feel it coming back.  I'm drinking some dandelion & calendula tea for breakfast and I am going to go on with my day.  I got through my first day.  I'm feeling a little proud of myself, but I know there is more challenges to come.

Until tomorrow then.  Have an enchanted day and thanks for reading!  Now go eat some vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment