Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 3

Well.   Day two is now over.  Besides the headache that never goes away, I'm doing just fine.  I have the same amount of energy and everything.  My brain feels a little fuzzy but that could be the headache.  

I kind of just foraged all day long yesterday, starting with some blackberries pureed with oat grass that I grew on my counter and some lentil sprouts.  It didn't taste very good but I just chugged it.  My blackberries were sort of sour this year because of too much rain in the spring.  The rest of the day I just ate whenever and whatever.  Some parsley leaves, beet and dandelion leaves.  Some wild stuff: lambs quarters and malva.  A few tomatoes.  My dinner was a potato.  It's shocking how little food I can get away with when it is really fresh.

My constant is the herbal tea.  I drink that almost all day.  Plus one 18 ounce glass of water in the morning and one after dinner.  

Oh, and I had an apple.  I only had a few apples on my tree this year because most of them fell off the tree early in the spring.  This apple was perfectly ripe.  It was the highlight of my day.  It takes so little to make me happy.  

I think it's a little easier on me psychologically if I don't leave my house.  There is just too much out there to be tempted by.  I am selling this Saturday at Peddler's Market in Caledonia.  I have to leave the house at 6 in the morning, so we'll see what I come up with for the day.  I'll just have to plan ahead because I won't be home to forage until 7pm or so.  Long day.  Maybe I'll see some of you out there!

Let's see how the day goes.  An enchanted one, to everybody.

2 comments:

  1. You will see the two of us on Saturday! Love the blog...look forward every day

    ReplyDelete