Monday, July 25, 2016

Thank you for the rain!

I don't know about you, but I was totally energized by the rain we received this morning.  It feels like the sticky summer heat was washed off of me and I feel like I can go out and plant my midsummer plants now.  I wasn't even going into the garden the last few days because the grass was crunchy and it hurt my feet and it was so hot, I'd pull a few weeds and come in the house and collapse from heat exhaustion.  (I'm exaggerating a little...)
Ruby snores when she sleeps. 
I woke up this morning around 4am.  Over the sound of the fan, I could hear grumbling.  I thought maybe Ruby was snoring, so I turned down the fan, and yep, it was thunder off in the distance.  Possibly over the lake...  I was so excited.  We haven't had rain in what feels like months.  And what came in the hours after was that raging thunderstorm of my dreams!  How I have missed thunderstorms!  We got so much rain that both our rain barrels (which have been empty most of the summer) were completely filled and running over! 
Cali watching out the kitchen window for the rain to come...
So thank you to all of you who were praying for rain too.  I'm sure the farmers were happy this morning too.  It was everything I hoped it would be. 
The gardens are smiling.

2 comments:

  1. We are still so dry here in southern Ohio, we got a sprinkle yesterday that lasted maybe 2 minutes. My cucumbers have turned yellow and dried up. My tomatoes are about all that can handle this heat and dryness and even they are turning yellow....Everything is dying. I will keep praying for some rain:)
    I just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. People who aren't gardeners don't understand what we're going through. They think this is a great summer. They are the same people who don't think global warming is a "thing". I worry. Thank you for reading and for the nice comment. I'll be sending rain energy to you there in Ohio! Take care.

      Delete